
I have such mixed emotions about today. Today is the one year mark of my mother shooting Steve. Brings back a lot of scary thoughts and feelings. But it is also a good thing, that means she has also served one year in. Her sentencing was 18 years, but with good behavior, she will only serve 12. So that means only 11 to go. Hopefully they will go as fast as this last year has gone.
I sure do miss her. I sometimes still can't believe that all of this has happened. It is one of those things were you think that it will never happen in your family, but you never know what will happen. I learned that a year ago today. I am really trying to get up there in July to see her. I still have not had a real visit with her. Only through plexiglass and gross jail phones.
Considering how I was feeling about two weeks ago, I am doing really well today. I mean, of course I am thinking of my mother, but I do not feel depressed or alone.

2 comments:
Im happy you are keeping your chin up, its must be hard but we all know how strong you can be :-)
I'm glad that you feel like you are not alone...that makes me happy!!
I can't wait until you get a chance to see her...xoxoxo
Post a Comment