Monday, February 11, 2008

FAT TUESDAY!

So of course, Tuesday was the BIG day. We all got up early to get ready and in our costumes!! I think that I had the easiest of all the costumes. But I adored it so much. It was the most hideous article of clothing I have ever bought, and I could not wait to wear it. Even if no one but us knew who Trudy Shinderman was! Meet Trudy and her aunt, Queen James.
Photobucket
Once we were all dressed, we headed out to Bourbon St for the Bourbon Street Awards. It is a huge costume contest that is held every year. I have been wanting to go for years, but this was the first year I actually made it out there! (Last year I was way to hung over. LOL).
Photobucket
Meet Les Krewe Des James St James. There was Geisha James (Ollie), Gym Sock Chic James (Liam), Trudy Shinderman (Me!), Bloody Bride James (Melissa), and James was the queen of us all!!! And of course, Miguel was there too, but not in a costume!
Photobucket
Also, not in that picture was the "Um.... Ew" James (Shelly). And yes folks that is THE dress!! From James' first America's Next Top Model apperance!
Photobucket
And of course there was also Crazy James (Troy) and the rough and tumble slice of pizza (Jason). I have no idea where these boys were during the awards! They were way to late and not in any of our pictures. Losers. LOL
Photobucket
Now onto the awards. I have a million pictures of all the costumes. But this one was my favorite. I guess cause I love candy so much! And it is very colorful!
Photobucket
And who could forget our intermisson entertainment! I already forgot his name. But he doesn't need one! LOOK AT HIM! Yum.
Photobucket
After the show we sat in Oz for a while. Danced a little, then went back to the hotel. We were all so hot and sweaty. It was fricken hot that day. But so much fun! James ended up leaving early. Shelly sat in Oz during the whole show. But Trudy was out there letting her freak flag fly!!!! Woooo whoooooo! The rest of the day was a lazy one. We went to the voodoo shop for a bit, some people went to eat. Some people went out.... and didn't come back until really late (the good catholic girl. LOL). It was all coming to an end.

6 comments:

Uree said...

His name was Brandon. and im the biggest bead whore that ever lived! WOOTS!

heatherbear said...

i hate that the journey is ending...where will i get my excitement if i can read about all of you guys!!!

Peppa said...

You are a bead whore Uree! I will NEVER forget the look on James' face when he saw you acting like that!! It was a classic moment. He turns to me and says, "Wow, she really goes nuts for those beads.... crazy." LMAO

And yep, Brandon. How could I forget! I didn't forget where he works!! They have clean bathrooms! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love how you remember everything! I was becoming a bead whore junior, but nowhere near Uree. I do remember accidently yelling for some beads in poor James' ear! LOL! He turned and looked at me and said, "I never knew you had those lungs to yell like that!" hehe

Uree said...

LMAO!!! I swear so many classic moments.

Anonymous said...

Brandon...hot boy. It all sounds the same to me. That was the day James met his uber freaky fan who dropped to his knees. If only we were there to see that!