

Today is the 9 year anniversary of the Columbine shootings. I just can not believe that it was 9 years ago. I attended Columbine High School for one semester of my freshman year. But I also went to elementary school with some of the people that went to CHS. I will never forget the day of the shootings. The fear and uncertainty. The confusion of it all. I knew both of the killers, they rode my school bus and lived in the neighborhood behind my grandmothers. I also knew one of the girls killed. Lauren Townsend. I went to elementary school with her. I have pictures of us as children at birthday parties. She was so smart. She was on her way pf being valedictorian of her graduating class. When I went to the Columbine Memorial I stood next to her inscription for the longest time. Her was in the direction of the mountains. The memorial is such a beautiful place. They did a really good job on it. It was hard not to cry there.


This day changed my life forever.

2 comments:
I cant beleive its been 9 years. I remember hearing about this on the news when it happend. I was in total shock and my heart went out to everyone who it affected. Such a terrible tragedy and loss, but the people who lost their lives will never be forgotten.
i think dirrty said everything! it is a day that hopefully noone forgets...we should never forget..only learn.
Post a Comment