Scott went into the hospital two weeks ago today for severe pain, cramping, and nausea. He does have another bowel obstruction and has not gone to the bathroom in almost three weeks now. The doctors have told us that at this point, all they can do is make him comfortable. They are saying he has two to three months left to live. Pretty big thing to swallow for all of us, but I can not imagine how he feels.
So, we rode out the hurricane in the hospital. We were only without power there for 28 hours. So, we were very very lucky. But, it was a horrible night that Monday night. Scott got very sick, and I was trying so hard to tend to him and care for him. But it was so hot. He says that I did a wonderful job, I just did the best I could. My house was not damaged and I got power back five days after the storm. There are still so many people without power and people that lost everything. I know that I am very lucky.
We brought Scott home from the hospital yesterday. The car ride was not fun. He started to become a little car sick, then once I got off the interstate and hit a small bump on one of the roads, it threw his back into spasms. When we got home, we had to get the neighbor to help us get him inside. Once he was inside though, he started to calm down and feel better. They set him home with a PCA pump, which has his pain medicine in it. The hospice nurse came out last night and met us and assessed Scott. She was nice... but she talked a lot! We had a hospital bed delivered to the house and got it set up in the living room. It is ancient, but it does the trick! Another nurse is heading out to the house tonight to hook up his TPN, which is his IV nourishment because he can not eat due to the obstruction, he can not digest food. So, that is pretty much where we are at right now. We had a few problems with hospice getting the TPN. They do not pay for it, but somehow Scott's doctor was able to get it for him. We were told it is temporary. But we will take what we can get at this point!
So, back to work today. With Scott home, I am hoping to get back into some kind of routine again. His mom is staying with us. So that is an adjustment as well. But I am very happy to have her there to help. She cooked dinner last night and this morning woke up and helped pick up the tree limbs out of my yard. It was funny, she went out to start, then came back in saying, "Your yard is a lot bigger then it looks!" LOL
Anyways, that is it in a nutshell. Of course I could type on and on and on. But this is good enough. I will leave ya with a lil pic Scott and I took playing on his new computer. He is sooooo fuzzy! He says that he is not shaving or cutting his hair ever again.

4 comments:
burly men are hot!!
I am glad that you guys are home and safe...if you need anything just let me know.
xoxo
Ditto to what Sunshine said. I am happy you are ok and weren't effected by the storm.
Cant imagine what you are going through at the moment. But we are here whenever you need anything
xxx
Thanks yall. Means a lot to me. I am having a pretty bad day today. I just can't get that lump out of my throat... you know the one you feel when you are about to cry... it won't go away today.
Babe, I just cannot imagine what you are going through, I don't know what to say, and I feel totally useless across the water from you. All I can do is think of you and pray that everything will be alright in the end and buy you a big fat drink in Feb, YAY!
Love you loads and loads
xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment