Now I know that my life is not that bad. I really am tired of complaining to everyone all the time. I hate that my blog has turned into a pity party for me. I know that it could be much worse then it is. But damn it, I am so tired of being stressed out. And it seems that everyday it is something else that is stressing me out!!!
Last night... wait, let me correct that. This morning at 2:30 Scott decided to tell me that he had his first over the phone job interview with the people in Florida. He said that he should be having another phone interview this week and if that guy likes him, he will be flying out for an interview. Now, they are offering him $5,000 to move. They are also offering to pay $5,000 of his student loans a year and to pay for him to go back to school if he wants to. Now, I know what a good deal this is. I would never tell him not to take it. But, he wants me to move with him. He said that it doesn't have to be permenant. That we could just rent our house out to either his mother or his father. But I have major problems with this. Let's see. Where do I start.
1. I do not want to move somewhere where I have no friends or family. I moved to Louisiana to be with my dad when he got sick. He is doing good now, but I do not want to leave him. He means the world to me and even though I have been acused of not being a good daughter...several times, I still love my father and can not imagine being that far away from him again.
2. I love my job. I have a very unique job. My pay isn't the best, but it is a state job which is known to have awesome benefits, and I do! If I leave, I will also be leaving all that behind and I can not be reasurred that when I come back I will be rehired here. I have formed relationships here with my co-workers and also the students. I am looking forward to watching them grow up and graduate. I plan on staying here a long time.
3. I have moved around my whole life. I am tired of it and just want to be settled. When I got my house I planned on it being home for a very long time.
4. My best friend just had a baby. I am his godmother. I planned on being a big part of his life. I want to be there to watch him grow up. I fear sometimes that I may never have kids of my own, so my godchildren are very important to me. I do not want to leave them behind.
I am sure that I could come up with more reasons that I don't want to leave. But you get the point. There is only one reason I would go and that is for Scott. And please don't get me wrong, I love him with all my heart. So, does that make me a bad person for not wanting to go with him? It seems that this just the way it goes. It seems that the men always seem to get jobs elsewhere or get transfered and we, as women are just suposed to follow. Well, I do not agree with that at all. I am happy here and that doesn't mean that I couldn't be happy in Florida. But, I just really don't want to leave. But I keep thinking about it. There is a small part of me that kinda wants to go, but my heart tells me that I really wouldn't be happy there. My gut is telling me that I should stay for all the reason's I listed plus many more. I am just so confused. I don't want to lose Scott,but I also don't think that I can handle him being gone. He just got home from being gone for two years. I don't want to have a long distance relationship, but it seems so aweful to break up because of a wonderful job offer. Well, I mean, I guess I am jumping the gun a bit. He hasn't even gotten the job yet. But that is just me. I worry about EVERYTHING! Just in my nature!
But anyways! To get my mind off all the crap, I am going to go see Uree this weekend! I can't wait! I know that Simon and the ghetto mattress miss me!!!!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
stop apologizing!!! You have no reason what so ever to say you are sorry for venting hon!! that is what we are here for. I don't care if you say the same thing every day for the rest of the time that I know you...I will still listen and I will still be here for you no matter what!!
I know that you love scott...that was never questioned...but he is requesting you to do something that he didn't ask you what you thought to begin with. I understand that he will have a hard time finding a job where you guys live, but you have a life where you are...you have a home...and it just seems to me that he is being selfish and not really thinking about you...or your relationship is what I mean.
I know that you will make the right decision if and when you need to make it...just please make it for you...not for what he wants or anyone else for that matter...but for YOU...that does not make you a selfish person.
I hope I didn't piss you off...I've lost friends before because of my blunt nature.
I just want you to be happy!! <3
always ALWAYS listen to your gut. it will NEVER lie to you. everyone else and every other fiber in your being might lie to you...but not your gut. sounds simple, yet so so hard to do. we always know what is best for us (because of our gut). its accepting it that is the hard part.
we are here for you. <3
That is such a hard decision but at the end of the day you need to do what you want. If you dont think you will be happy then thats telling you something already.
First off this is your blog and if you want to vent and let people know how your feeling then go right head and dont ever say sorry for how you feel!!
This is a big thing to ask of you knowing all of the reasons you stated.
I understand that he wants you in his life but he has to understand that you have your own life and its where your at now.
Moving around your whole life always takes a toll on you and now that you have settled why move again?
Follow your instincts hunny. They will never steer you wrong.
Im sorry that your going threw all this stress but hang in there you have people that love and care about you.
We have never met face to face and I have much much love and respect for you. Again, hang in there and you know you can call me anytime!
I am a lucky gal to have all of yall in my life. Thank you for all the kind words. It means a lot to me.
Post a Comment