Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Million and One

After all the bruises he left
After all the blood he shed
After a million break ups
And a million and one make-ups
With empty promises and recycled lies
When will you realize
That a waste of time you idealize
Your own beauty you agreed to deny a long time ago
And now, in your strenghth you believe mo more
But you are nothing less than an empress
A goddess
A divine queen
And that sorry excuse for a man
Is nothing more then that

An excuse

So stand up for the beautiful woman you truly are
He is the darkness around you
And you-
Not him, my mother
Will shine as a heavenly star

I found this today and really liked it. I am not sure who wrote it.

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

that's really good!!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find that? I liked it alot

sKILLz said...

I really love that.

"With empty promises and recycled lies
When will you realize
That a waste of time you idealize"

Those lines grabbed me the most.

Anonymous said...

wow...that was really good.thanks for posting it!!heather

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me tear up, now I gotta git cha!

Shells

Uree said...

not as poetic as "i had a drink in one hand and a fag in the other hand"

:P

Shelly said...

Whoa, I'm taken aback by Uree's Shelly-esque Snark...
Baby steps dear.
Good work!