Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Finally a Bit of Good News From Colorado
I called my grandmother tonight to talk to her about the court date today. Today was the day of the court date for the kids regarding visitations. There is a bit of bad news as well. But it is something that we all knew would happen anyways. Let's just get the bad news out of the way. The kids father now has full custody. They are no longer wards of the state. I have very mixed feelings about this. I do not think that they are in a very good environment. I know that they love their father, and he loves them. But it just isn't a happy home life. But what this also means is that social services is done. The kids are no longer required to go to counseling. It is now in their father's hands to see they get the counseling they need. I don't see that happening and that really worries me. But, enough with that. Let's move onto the good news. My family was able to get a court order stating that my grandparents are allowed one weekend a month visitation and my mother is allowed one visitation a month. They are worried about my little brother. He seems to really be struggling with all of this the most. I think that he may be scared to go see mom. I just hope that he doesn't distance himself so much that it isn't fixable later down the road. But I am very happy for mom. Visitations will not be easy. The facility that mom is in is about a 3 hour drive. But my grandmother wants her to be able to see the kids, so I know that they will work everything out. I know that my little sister can't wait to see mom. I am happy that they both get this opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thats great news that they are able to see your mum. I hope the kids are ok and stay strong, it must be hard on them.
that is great news...I am sure that in time the kids will be fine...the visit will be good for both of them and I am sure that Tristen will be scared at first, but I am sure that will pass as well!!
i know i already told you how glad i was about this but i want to tell you again just how happy i am for them and you. i know this has wayed heavy on your heart and mind and it is a big relief to have it sorted out!love ya.heather
Post a Comment