So, you all know where I am and why. I am in Colorao for my mother's trial. Yesterday was jury selection and my first time meeting everyone involved in the case. After meeting my mother's lawyer we are just kind of chit chatting. He tells me that he too is from Louisiana. We talk a bit about that. Then he comes up to me and says, "We have you as a potential witness, which means I am going to have to ask you to leave the court room." Of course, what do I do? Bust into tears! I can not beleive that I was kicked out of the court room because I MIGHT be a witness. I have been waiting seven months to hear my mother's side of the story and I get kicked out. So, I go sit outside the court room. At 11:00 break, my grandmothers friend offers to drive me home so that I don't have to sit there all alone. I get to my grandmother's and in about 2 hours, my aunt calls me telling me that she too was kicked out of the court room. Her and her husband had been supeanaed by the DA. But, they were not on the intial witness list, which I heard the DA call out. Then after lunch my grandparents are told that they may need to be rebuttle witnesses, so they too were asked to leave the courtroom. We all go the boot! But my aunt and gramdma had friends that stayed after jury selection and heard the DA's opening statements.
Today we all went back to the court house. We are allowed to sit in the court room before court starts. So mom was able to see us and the jury also saw that we were there to suport her. And we will be there until the end. Also my aunt and grandma's friend came again today and also one of mom's friend. So she has the support. I think that may be important for the jury to see so many there for her. Shows that she has a place on the "outside". At this point I don't have anything else to share about what is happening and what is going on in that room because we are not in there and not allowed to talk about it with anyone. But we have been informed that we can purchase transcripts of the trial when it is done. We all agree that we want to read it.
I have a feeling that tomorrow will be the last day. So everyone keep my mom in your thoughts. Her and I have had a very rocky relationship. She has done many things that have hurt me in the past. But she is still my mother and I love her. I don't know what will happen to her if she is convicted. She is a very strong and intelligent woman, but not everyone is made for a life in prison. She does not belong there. And even though I do not know her side of the story at this point, I know that there is so much more then what has been told by other parties.
Love you all!! Thank you to all of you that have always been there for me. It means a lot to me! Even if I am getting phone calls at 5:45 in the morning!! =P
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I really hope everything works out for the best. I'm glad to hear your mom has friends and family to support her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fam. Stay strong, and see you soon!
Man homegirl I know this is a very hard time for you and I only wish I could do something anything to make it better for you and your whole family.
You are in my prayers, and I really wish the best for all of you.
You know my number and you can call me ANYTIME. If you need to talk, to vent, to cry, someone to just listen to you whatever the fuck IM HERE FOR YOU girl!
Dont hesitate!
Sending much much love!
sweetie i know everything is hard right now but try to be positive and hang in there...feel the love and support that all of us are sending to you and your family right now. everything will be over soon and i just want you to take care of yourself....we all love you!!!!!!!heather
I dont understand why your not able to sit in. How can that be of any importance if you are just sitting there and not saying anything? Ill be thinking of you and your mum and i hope everything ends on a positive note.
xxx
*showers you with huggz and kisses* Call and wake me up anytime. :)
I hope you are okay...I have been praying for you and your family!!! I love you bunches and you know you can call me regardless of the time!!! *hugs and kisses*
In my thoughts and prayers everyday hunny. stay strong and let us know whats going on!
Is it over???
You okay?
I'm callin you at 5:45 am.
Hey Sweetie,
I only just read this but you mailed me about it, I'll be there for you in mind body and soul in a couple of days, I'll give you them hugs and if you need an ear to chew or a shoulder to cry on, I have two of each
Love you sweet pea
xoxoxo
Post a Comment