Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Big Thanks

I just want to say thank you to all of yall for being so understanding, and caring. It really means so much to me. I know that I tend to pull away when bad things happen to me. I don't want that to worry yall at all. That is just how I deal with things. I just need time to let things soak in before I am really ready to talk about them.

Ollie, you have been texting me... checking up on me. Means so much to me to know that you are thinking of me... and I am actually waiting for you to call right now. LOL. Will be in about 15 minutes I will be talking with you.

Heather, you are so understanding. And also checking in on me to see how I am doing. I really appreciate all the good thoughts you send. You are an amazing friend.

Uree and Crystal, I know that I have not called either of yall. It is just that I have been busy when yall are up and when I am up, yall are sleeping. I hate this schedule and can't wait to get back to normal. Uree, you always give me my space. I am pretty sure that we are just to that point, that you know this about me already. I love you both so much.

Update.....

I talked to Scott and his mother today. She actually was able to give me more information then he did. He tends to leave things out sometimes. He had a CT guided biopsy of the tumor on his kidney today, which is the size of a peach. They also did more CT scans, an MRI, and a bone density scan. This morning he had to receive two units of blood because his blood count was low. Tonight he is to have a biopsy of the tumor in his lungs, which is the size of an egg. Scott also mentioned that they also believe that he may have some small tumors on his spinal cord. I asked him if they said anything further about this, he says no. He still can not keep any food down, and this just baffles me because I can not figure out the relationship of this to what is going on in his body. I told him this morning, that it sounds like we need Dr. House on the case! He seems to be in good spirits though. But I think he was just happy because he talked them into giving him Demerol. When I spoke to his mother she told me that they offered Scott to go on the Interferon treatment again, he refused. I do understand him not wanting that drug. It has HORRIBLE side effects. My dad was on it for two years for his Hep C, but it was small doses, and that made him sick. When Scott was taking it, he was on high doses five times a week. It made him very ill. He felt as if he had the flu for a month. This is also the time that he became suicidal. Was very scary times for the both of us. I was trying to go to school, work, and take care of him.

So, as of right now. I am just waiting to hear from him tomorrow. I really want to stay positive and wish for the best. But, yall, I have done so much research on this disease when he was first diagnosed... and it is very scary. And I am not sure whether he will want to do the treatment. And a part of me also understands that. So, I am just waiting.

3 comments:

slothwerkz said...

Chin up girly, stay strong! You've been so here so much for me, just shout if you need a trans-atlantic shoulder to cry on.
Big loves xxxxxx

Unknown said...

we will always be here for you alexiss...you have been through so much and while it is awful to have to go through, it keeps making you stronger and stronger....anything we can do to help all you need to do is ask!! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Uree said...

isnt if funny how you get to know someone so well that you know when to let them be for a lil while. im always here. and seriously you can wake me up anytime. it just makes you a closer friend when you wake me up lol