Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life's Hurdles

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions for me. It started off with drama between my mother and my grandmother. I love both of these women dearly. And my Nana does not want me to be stuck in the middle of their argument... but when it comes to my mother, I have no choice. I feel like when she calls, I have to answer. I feel like many times, I can not tell her what I really think because I do not want to upset her or hurt fer feelings. I believe that I am the only one that she really trusts. And that hurts me, because I am not honest with her most of the times. But I am scared of upsetting her and I don't want her to feel alone in this world. I could go on and on about this subject... but I will not. It only upsets me, and there are thoughts in my head that should stay there.

Wednesday my father got into another motorcycle accident. He blacked out and went in the ditch. He states that he felt fine all day and had no warning that he was about to pass out. He was about to turn into the driveway, turned his blinker on. Then the next thing he knew, he woke up in the ditch not knowing where he was or what had happened. When the EMT's got there, of course, he refused to go to the hospital. So, he went to the doctor today. They thought that he may have passed out because of his pace maker, but that was not the case. They do not really know what happened. But, they think that his blood pressure may have dropped. My father has low blood pressure to begin with because of the medication he takes for his heart failure. So, they have decided to cut back on some of his medications. He has to monitor his blood pressure daily and is not allowed to drive. He is thinking of selling his motorcycle. I think that it is a good idea that he not ride anymore... but that is hard for me to say. That is my dad's life, motorcycles. That is what he does everyday! I just can't imagine him not on a bike. And I know that he feels the same way. But, he needs to do what is best. He was just in a wreck two months ago. He has been very lucky both times with no serious injuries... the next time may not be the same outcome. But, I really believe that he has a guardian angel.

Also today Scott had his appointment with his oncologist. Not good news at all. He has stage IV melanoma. Which, is what I feared. They can not do surgery. The tumor in his lung is to close to his heart and they can not take the risk to do surgery. All they can really do at this point is to try to slow the growth and possibly try to shrink the tumors. But as far as curing the cancer, they can not. He still can not eat. He throws up everyday. They do not know why. He is in a lot of pain. They have given him very strong pain meds. I am trying my best to get out there next month. I need to see him. I am so scared for him. I talked to him a little bit ago, and he does not sound well at all. And how could he? I can not imagine what he is thinking right now. He pretty much feels like his life is over. I can not imagine this world without him. He is my best friend. He knows me inside and out. No one will ever understand me the way that Scott does. I am just so scared. I have to stop now... I am getting all upset again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh!!! I had no idea!!! I have been such a bad friend!! I haven't talked to you in ages!! I hope your dad is doing better, and your right he walked away a lucky man. We'll be seeing each other soon, if you wanna talk. Remember we're all here for you.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh no that is terrible, im so sorry. I cant imagine how you must be feeling with all of this going on at once. I dont know what to say!
Im here whenever you need talk
xxx

Unknown said...

i wondered why i hadn't heard from you...no phone calls is never good with you!! i love you soooo much so does my whole family(exiss)you always have so much to deal with...i feel so bad saying the same thing i always do, but we love you and ANY time you need to talk day or night please call me. we love you and just try to hang in there and have fun this weekend, you need to recharge your batteries to face the days ahead.

Sunshine said...

I'm sorry sweetie...I've been MIA the past couple of days b/c I had my nieces in town...

I am glad that your dad is all right and hopefully they can come to some type of resolution so he can still ride his bike from time to time, but avoid major roads if that is possible.

I understand your fears of being completely honest with your mom...we can talk about this over the phone b/c I have some tid bits to share with you.

And as far as Scott goes, I am sorry. I will keep him in my prayers...I feel awful that this is happening to him and can't imagine the effect it is having on you. I know you will call when you feel like talking.

Have fun in LA...you will be around great friends, and not to sound strange when I say this...but it's good that you will be elsewhere and around the people that you know love you...it will keep your mind distracted!!

I love you, I love you, I love you!!!